A sweet side dish to accompany your Easter ham! This dish also goes well with spicy barbecue and can be served warm or room temperature.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3 whole eggs slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups fresh bread torn into shreds
- 1 15 oz. can crushed pineapple drained
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine softened butter, eggs and sugar in a large bowl
Mix together well--by hand or with a mixer
Add torn bread and drained pineapple to the butter mixture
Place in lightly greased baking dish (9x13)
Bake for about 50 minutes
- This sweet dish goes great with ham or barbecue as a side, or dessert! It can be baked covered or uncovered.
- If baked uncovered, it will have a crusty brown top
- If baked covered, it will be soft on top